Whatever the season and circumstances, when food is being served to the public regulations must be adhered to:
- Food Safety Act 1990.
- Regulation (EC) 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
- The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Summer heatwaves can expose caterers to additional risks. From wine and champagne quality deterioration to sorbets melting whilst they wait to be served to flies descending on meals, surely securing emergency refrigeration or pre-booking fridge trailer hire facilities is preferable to a food hygiene incident, a loss of reputation and the possibility of legal action and fines. Being responsible and informed is always good business sense.
- Especially at peak business times, it is advisable to pre-book facilities.
- As pre-booking is not always an option, emergency refrigeration providers should be contacted at the earliest opportunity.
- Prices for hire are highly competitive.
- Hire periods can be for as little time as an event requires or for months. You’re in control.
- Enjoy flexibility; the hire firm delivers, collects, sets up and down-powers the professional emergency or mobile refrigeration.
- Pre-booked and emergency refrigeration units are available in a range of sizes. 1.8m, 2.4m and 3m are popular.
- Fridge trailer hire units are on wheels and are a preferred solution for clients who want the freedom to relocate facilities during the hire.
- Units can be powered via mains and generator, so they can be positioned exactly where they are needed. Adjacent to a kitchen, in a corridor, by a marquee on a lawn, in the middle of a school playing field or on an eatery’s terrace.
- Mobile refrigeration facilities are fully lit for safety and lockable for security confidence.
It is sensible to have the contact details of a reputable fridge trailer hire firm in a safe place for emergency situations; every …