A renovation project more often than not involves years of saving and planning. It is critical that you as the homeowner will allot some time in learning the tips that will guarantee that your dream renovation project will go smoothly. According to Gary Nealon, the following is a list of points you can try on when you are planning for your home renovation.
- Make a strong communication with the re modeler. With an effective communication right from the start, you can be sure that troubles will be minimized. Be very keen on the character of your re modeler. Observe if he or she returns your calls quickly, pays attentions to your suggestions, and responds to your queries precisely. A good contractor must be approachable. This will ensure that both of you can handle problems together when they arise.
- Select a contractor that has already established good track record. Make sure that you have a confidence in him. Working with somebody you are comfortable with makes a big difference.
- Make a definite time line for the project. With a properly arranged schedule, you will be able to monitor the progress of the project, whether it is still on time or delayed. Emergency plans can also be placed correctly on a clear timeline.
- Demand that everything agreed upon be written. This will clarify for you and the contractor. By including everything in your written proposal, you can check that your understanding and expectations are in line with what your contractor has.
- Be careful of the little things. Make sure you have clearly defined things before the actual work begins.
- Be flexible. As with most projects, you cannot exactly see things unless the actual work is being done. Put leeways in your plans and expect that there will be interruptions as the work