Avoid the Summer Heat with Emergency Refrigeration
Whatever the season and circumstances, when food is being served to the public regulations must be adhered to:
- Food Safety Act 1990.
- Regulation (EC) 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
- The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Summer heatwaves can expose caterers to additional risks. From wine and champagne quality deterioration to sorbets melting whilst they wait to be served to flies descending on meals, surely securing emergency refrigeration or pre-booking fridge trailer hire facilities is preferable to a food hygiene incident, a loss of reputation and the possibility of legal action and fines. Being responsible and informed is always good business sense.
- Especially at peak business times, it is advisable to pre-book facilities.
- As pre-booking is not always an option, emergency refrigeration providers should be contacted at the earliest opportunity.
- Prices for hire are highly competitive.
- Hire periods can be for as little time as an event requires or for months. You’re in control.
- Enjoy flexibility; the hire firm delivers, collects, sets up and down-powers the professional emergency or mobile refrigeration.
- Pre-booked and emergency refrigeration units are available in a range of sizes. 1.8m, 2.4m and 3m are popular.
- Fridge trailer hire units are on wheels and are a preferred solution for clients who want the freedom to relocate facilities during the hire.
- Units can be powered via mains and generator, so they can be positioned exactly where they are needed. Adjacent to a kitchen, in a corridor, by a marquee on a lawn, in the middle of a school playing field or on an eatery’s terrace.
- Mobile refrigeration facilities are fully lit for safety and lockable for security confidence.
It is sensible to have the contact details of a reputable fridge trailer hire firm in a safe place for emergency situations; every moment spent searching online or in a directory for a solution is wasted and when people panic they don’t always make wise choices. Being prepared for any weather condition and situation is vital.
An example of one of the best mobile refrigeration hire firms is the highly experienced Icecool Trailers in Newbury. Icecool Trailers covers an expansive geographic area, so you don’t need to choose an average performance supplier located just around the corner; select the best and protect your reputation and consumers.
Icecool Trailers operates a 24/7 emergency refrigeration service; well maintained and hygienic mobile refrigeration can be delivered within a couple of hours, dependent on the distances involved, so there is no plausible reason to cater without the necessary and competitively priced facilities.
The Icecool Trailers team has an appreciation of how the catering and hospitality sectors operate, the laws which must be abided by and the risks that no refrigeration, even for a relatively short time, in hot weather, can present. Their diligence and speed can make the difference between stock loss and smooth running with minimal impact on food and drink quality.
During every heatwave, and thunderstorm, cater with peace of mind. Benefit from mobile refrigeration hire.